Thursday, December 31, 2009

"Life moves pretty fast."


"If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Ferris was right. This past month (and year, for that matter) has flown by. So, my posts have been a little, well, non-existent. So, my apologies for those who've been paying attention, but I was, indeed, swept up in holiday merriment. I do look forward to getting back to business in the New Year. Here are a couple of topics that I'll be addressing in the near future:

1. The January Casualties. There may have been a flood of tourists in New York this season, and most of them visited the Great White Way. But, some shows got no love and will not see Valentine's Day.

2. I know that this may not be a secret to many, but it is starting to become more official: Government funding for the arts is literally being described as "discretionary spending." Non-essential, if you will. And the non-profit arts establishments around the country are suffering. Without some help, 2010 may see the closing of many a theater and the loss of many a job.

But, it is always darkest before the dawn, as they say (and, no, I cannot quote the source "they"). So, I'm looking for a brighter and happier dawn for the arts in this country and around the world. Stay tuned...

Until then, enjoy what you have in your life and celebrate the people who share it with you. Here's wishing you a very happy, healthy, wealthy, and bright New Year!







No comments:

Post a Comment